The Rumor

 The Rumor

(A Emily and Kieran one-shot)

Emily P.O.V.

I was walking to English class one day, when this kid comes up to me. I don't really know anyone here, so it catches me off guard. I think it was one of the sophomores. "Are you dating Kieran Danson?" He asked me, in a surprised whisper. I nodded my head, probably looking a little confused to the boy. "You know, he's bad news right?" He said. I didn't know how to respond to this statement. I took out my writing pad, that helps me communicate with people, and wrote down what I thought. "You don't believe me? Just ask the kid he beat up last year!" He said, before running off down the hall. It was hard for me to believe Kieran would ever hurt anyone, I knew he was in a dark place mentally for a long time. But I couldn't imagine him, hurting someone like that. At the park after school, I was sitting by the pinic tables drawing in my notebook. I was waiting for Kieran, he had to help his mom out with something before coming to hang out with me. I was so nervous to ask him about what that kid had said. I didn't want it to be true, how I hoped it wasn't true. I was so lost in thought, I didn't notice when Kieran sat down next to me. "Hey beautiful." He said, putting his arm around me. I jumped almost ten feet in the air, when he touched me. I was not expecting that at all. "Sorry baby, I didn't mean to scare you." He said, gently taking my hand in his and kissing it softly. I had trouble thinking that this sweet boy in front of me, was capable of beating someone up. "Are you okay?" He asked, with concern in those gorgeous blue eyes of his. "Not really." I admitted. "What's wrong, you can tell me." He said, pulling me closer to him. "This kid at school today, came up to me in the hall and asked if I was dating you." I said. "I nodded my head, and he said that you were bad news." I said, starting to stim with my fingers. "What else did he say?" Kieran asked me gently. "He said, that you beat someone up last year." I said, looking at the ground. Kieran placed his finger under my chin, and turn my face to look at him. "Baby, I promise you I have never hurt someone for no reason." He said, looking me straight in the eyes. "I wanna believe you, I do. But your reputation wasn't the best before I met you, and part of me thought that maybe you could do something like that." I said, feeling tears form in my eyes. "I didn't hurt anyone, sure I ditched classes a lot, and my grades weren't the greatest. And I had the tendacy to mouth off to teachers, but I have never beat someone up for no reason." He said, with so much certainty in his voice. "Why should I believe you?" I asked, crying softly. Kieran took my hands in his, and softly rubbed his thumb over one of them. "Because I love you, and I would never do anything to make you think that I was a bad person. I know I wasn't the best student, but ever since I met you. I've wanted to be! Baby, you have made me want to graduate. I'm a better person when I'm with you." I was crying for an entire different reason now. "I love you so much, I'm so sorry I doubted you." I said, crying into his chest. "It's okay my love, it was just a silly rumor. It means nothing." He said, softly stroking my hair. "Now, dry those pretty eyes of yours, and let's pop in an Avril Lavinge CD." He said, with the sweetest smile. I couldn't believe how silly I was, believing a ridiculous rumor. I know my boyfriend, and as I look at him laying next to me on the grass. Something in my heart knows, he would never hurt anyone or me. 

The End 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injured

Shy Boyfriend Comforts you when you've gone non-verbal

I never meant to hurt you